TENDER – Deadline extension
TENDER – Deadlineextension
Leonardo Transfer of Innovation Project ALL4WELL
Accessible Language Learning for the Wellness Sector
1. Adaptation of the ELLVIS software to the language needs of trainers and learners
2. Adaptation of the ELLVIS course program script, compilation and integration of language materials
The project ALL4WELL requires the service of software/multimedia developers to transfer and adapt the computer-based English language course ELLVIS to the needs and requirements of Romanian, Italian, and German learners working in the wellness sector.
Adaptation of the ELLVIS software
Background / Status
The ELLVIS language course (English Language Learning for Visually Impaired Students) is a language course especially developed for blind and visually impaired students. The course developed for Microsoft Windows systems (XP, Vista, Windows 7) uses force-feedback joysticks to create a haptic user interface. The course including instructions is available for download under http://www.ellvis.allvip.org/prod.htm.
The software consists of a run-time player, script files for the course, and sound files for the language materials. The ELLVIS script files are encrypted, but the original script files are written in xml language.
Sample modules containing plain xml script files as well as a basic tool to modify the modules can be found on the website http://www.vet4vip.org/.
The software itself (run-time player and editing tools) was created by GedonSoft GmbH (http://www.gedonsoft.de)
The existing ELLVIS language course needs to be adapted to the language needs of trainers and learners in the wellness sector. Due to its special target group (blind and visually impaired students), the existing course needs to be refined and new training and learning methods and materials implemented. The tasks for this subject matter are:
- Setting up technical specifications (course structure, new modules, required language materials) in cooperation with trainers and students of the partnership
- Adaptation of the software to Windows 8 systems
- Based on the editing tool of the Vet4Vip project, the creation of a more advanced tool to create and modify learning modules
- Support of force-feedback gamepads
- Programming/Scripting of new learning methods
- Optimising existing learning methods
- Scripting of new learning modules
- Optimising the existing language course
- Implementing language materials for the course (English, German, Italian, and Romanian language files. These files will be created by the ALL4WELL partnership)
- Compilation of the language course
- Testing and debugging
- Taking part in 5 project meetings (two days each). Locations:
· Florence, Italy
· Vienna, Austria
· Hamburg, Germany
· Brasov, Romania
· Würzburg, Germany
1. Technical specifications
2. Updated run-time player (support of Windows 8 systems and force-feedback gamepads)
3. Advanced Editing tool
4. XML scripts for new learning tasks/methods based on the needs and requirements of learners and trainers.
5. Optimised XML scripts for existing learning tasks/methods
6. Course scripts for wellness modules
7. Optimised language course
8. Compiled version of the language course for German, Italian, and Romanian learners
9. Technical manual and help for teachers and learners
Definition of needs and requirements / technical specifications
October 2013 – March 2014
Adaptation of the software
March 2014 – July 2014
Creation of a more advanced editing tool
March 2014 – July 2014
Programming/Scripting of new learning methods and optimising existing learning methods
June 2014 – October 2014
Optimisation of the existing course
March 2014 – June 2014
Creation of the ALL4WELL course
June 2014 – December 2014
Testing and debugging
November 2014 – April 2015
Requirements for the contractor
1. Experience in the development of computer-based training software.
2. Experience in multimedia development, especially in sound editing.
3. Good communication and mediation skills for working with trainers, learners, and developers.
4. Experience in the development of learning materials for blind and visually impaired students is an advantage, but is no criteria for exclusion.
5. For the goals 2-4 the contractor needs to involve GedonSoft. The contact person is:
Lilienthaler Heerstraße 210, 28357 Bremen, Germany
Telefon: +49 (0) 421 27 81 835, Fax: +49 (0) 421 27 60 970
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Internet: http://www.gedonsoft.de
It is possible to propose a partial offer consisting of
goals 1 – 6, 11,12 and deliverables 1 – 5
goals 1, 7 – 12 and deliverables 1, 6 – 9
However, overall offers of bidders covering all goals and deliverables will be favoured due to savings in travel costs.
The offer must include:
1. Name and address
2. Contact person
3. Description of the applicant and its institutional situation
4. Information on qualifications and experience of the staff involved
5. Cost calculation
The job offer has to be sent in english with a accessible pdf format, through certified mail to: email@example.com until Octoberthe 21th 2013, 12am.
After our selection, only the chosen candidate will be called by our office